Rainy Day Activities for Kids
We’ve been experiencing a lot of rain in our hometown recently and that has inspired us to create a list of Rainy Day Activities for all the Castles & Crowns kids and parents! One of our main things is to let our kids look at the Castles & Crowns website and pick out their favorite new outfits, but we know that won’t entertain them for an entire day. So we have comprised our top 50 activities that keeps parents and kids smiling even when the weather is bad!
Here they are –
1. Bake without losing your sanity – make rainy days more fun with cookies!
2. Whip up a batch of ooblek and challenge your young scientist to define its state of matter.
3. Let the kids raid your closet and put on a fashion show.
4. Cuddle up with a pile of books.
5. Build, create, and invent with STEM-inspired toys.
6. Play “Simon Says” or “Follow the Leader.”
7. Grab a deck of cards and teach your kids the simple joys of Rummy, Spit, or Slapjack.
8. Gather the family to enjoy a story podcast.
9. Make your own instruments; then, lead a marching band parade through the living room.
10. Burn some energy with one of these 25 indoor exercise games.
11. Pop some kernels and watch a classic movie.
12. Get geeky with the New York Hall of Science’s awesome suite of STEM-inspired apps.
13. Write letters (on actual paper with actual pens and pencils) to out-of-town relatives or friends.
14. Check out an online camp—not just for summertime!
15. Freeze Dance using a playlist inspired by these city-based kindie bands.
16. Do anything that involves bubble wrap.
17. Make math fun with these amazing math apps.
18. Blow up some balloons, toss ’em in the air, and don’t let them touch the ground.
19. Learn to code.
20. Keep your heart rate up with Wii Fit or Xbox One games.
21. Make a marshmallow catapult and see who can catch the most in their mouth.
22. Play dominoes or line them up and let them fall—kids will love seeing the chain reaction.
23. Have a tie-dye party, or opt for an easier tie-dye alternative (with built-in science lesson!).
24. Make a watercolor masterpiece.
25. Pull out the building blocks and Legos and create a mini city.
26. Embrace your inner Einstein with cool science experiments.
27. Play “I Spy” or “21 Questions.”
28. Make paper-bag puppets and put on a show.
29. Craft the easiest bird feeder ever.
30. Become an origami master.
31. Grab some sheets and make a good old-fashioned fort. Perfect for playtime—and naptime!
32. Make shaving cream sculptures in the sink.
33. Snuggle up with a warm cup of cocoa or try a vanilla cinnamon steamer as an alternative.
34. Tackle a challenging puzzle as a family.
36. Explore NYC—in a book!
37. Challenge your brood to a game of charades.
38. Then find your voices with a karaoke concert.
39. Make your own granola bars.
40. Use hallways for classic games like “Red Light, Green Light” and “Leap Frog.”
41. Decorate pinecones, paint flower pots, or make leaf art.
42. Go bowling at home.
43. Learn a few magic tricks to wow your friends.
44. Pillow fight—’nuff said.
45. Get all dressed up and host your own fancy tea party (be sure to invite the dolls and stuffed animals).
46. Crack open those activity books you have piled up.
47. Get everyone together for a family scavenger hunt.
48. Create colorful salt paintings.
49. Have an indoor “camp out” with sleeping bags, a tent, board games, and s’mores.
50. Cook dinner together.
*Castles & Crowns specializes in smocked, appliquéd and monogrammable children’s clothing in all sizes. We are recognized for our classic styles, unique fabrics, quality construction, fast service and affordable pricing. We are the top Gulf Coast based children’s clothing company and we look forward to outfitting your children in our adorable clothes!